Here are some tips that will ensure that you get the best out of Speech Therapy:
- Arrive on time, and ensure that your child has had something to eat and drink so that they are able to concentrate effectively during their therapy session. Please take your child to the toilet before therapy.
- Attend therapy sessions with your child. Observing the techniques used by your therapist during therapy will assist you in applying these at home when you do the homework set by your therapist with your child.
- Do the homework recommended by your therapist. This is one of the most effective ways of reinforcing learnings in therapy.
- Please do not eat or drink inside the therapy room.
- Please turn off your phone or keep it on silent during sessions.
- Expect results, but don’t be surprised if your child also plateaus for short phases. Development is not a linear trajectory.
- Please ask your therapist about anything you don’t understand. They will happily explain their methods and assist you in understanding their application.
- Please show interest in your child’s therapy and acknowledge their progress with positive reinforcement and praise. This will motivate them even more!
- Please discuss any concerns you have with us so that we can address these promptly.